This tutorial will guide you on making a DIY dishwasher cleaner using simple ingredients readily available at home. This method is not only simple but also eco-friendly.
Easy To Make DIY Dishwasher Cleaner
- White Vinegar: 1 cup
- Baking Soda: ¼ cup
- Lemon Juice: 2 tablespoons
- Essential Oil (optional): 5-10 drops
- Step 1: Start with a clean dishwasher for best results. Empty your dishwasher; do not include any dishes or utensils during this cleaning process.
- Step 2: Measure out 1 cup of White Vinegar. Pour this directly into the bottom of your dishwasher. Vinegar is a natural deodorizer and a powerful cleaner that can break down any built-up grease or grime that's lurking in your dishwasher.
- Step 3: Close your dishwasher and run a full cycle on the hottest temperature. The vinegar will work at sanitizing your dishwasher.
- Step 4: Once the cycle is complete, use a cloth or sponge to wipe around the edges of the door and rubber seal. Any leftover residue can be easily removed after the vinegar cycle.
- Step 5: Now, sprinkle ¼ cup of Baking Soda on the floor of your dishwasher. Baking Soda is excellent for freshening your dishwasher and removing stubborn, stuck-on grime.
- Step 6: Run a quick cycle on the hottest temperature. The Baking Soda will further deodorize your machine and provide an extra level of cleanliness.
- Step 7: To leave a fresh scent in your dishwasher, combine 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice with 5 to 10 drops of your chosen Essential Oil (if using) and pour into the detergent compartment. Run a rapid cycle.
And that's it! You have made your DIY Dishwasher Cleaner at home. A quick and easy way to ensure your dishwasher is clean and smelling fresh.